At Northern Rivers Housing we provide long-term social housing for eligible people accommodating for all accessibility needs in the Northern Rivers region from Tweed Heads to the Clarence Valley and West to Tabulam.

Social housing involves some degree of rental subsidy and is an umbrella term for public or community housing.

In New South Wales, there is a single Housing Register (or waiting list) for social housing.

You can apply to be on this waiting list by:

  • Applying online, or
  • Contacting the Housing Contact Centre on 1800 442 332.

In completing an application for housing you will also be asked to provide documents that establish your identity. You will also need to provide proof of the income received by yourself and all other members of your household. Depending on your background or situation, you may be asked to provide additional information, for example a Medical Assessment Form.

For the current social housing eligibility criteria, check our Applying for Housing factsheet. You can also download our How Can We Help? brochure.

For more information about the NSW Housing Register, including all the required forms, visit the Housing Pathways website here.




Skip to content